We wanted to give you a little background information on the people who may be your potential interim innkeepers or bed and breakfast training instructors. We were both born in California and raised in Los Angeles. Howard is a graduate of the University of Southern California and is a CPA and former CFO/Controller. Lynda graduated from California State University at Northridge. She is a former teacher, personnel technician, and bookkeeper. Wanting a lifestyle change, we escaped from the corporate rat race of Los Angeles for the clean air of Colorado.
We have been involved in the bed and breakfast industry for more than 20 years as innkeepers, innsitters, trainers, and consultants. We have developed the maturity, skills, and extensive hospitality experience necessary to successfully operate a bed and breakfast. We love all aspects of the bed and breakfast business whether it is taking a reservation, making sure the house is ready for guests, preparing food, interacting with guests, or tending the garden. Our qualifications are as follows:
- Ten years experience as owner/innkeepers of Red Crags Bed & Breakfast Inn located in Manitou Springs , Colorado
- Thirteen years experience as professional consultants and trainers
- Twelve years experience as professional interim innkeepers (innsitters)
- Member of the Interim Innkeepers Network (IIN)
- Past Presidents of the Bed and Breakfast Innkeepers of Colorado (BBIC)
- Proficient in several reservation software programs including - Guest Tracker, RezOvation Desktop, RezOvation GT, Reservation Nexus, Super Inn, WebRezPro, and Hotel Max
- Experienced in all aspects of accounting and personnel management
- Extensive knowledge of herbs and plants in the garden and their use.
Comments from Innkeepers & Guests indicate it is the level of service and care, which we provide, that makes the difference between someone who is just watching the bed and breakfast and someone who truly cares.