NOTES FROM INN CARING OWNERS - LYNDA AND HOWARD LERNER!
Check back from time to time for great helps and hints!
Here are some reasons why a bed and breakfast owner should hire a professional innsitter or interim innkeeper when they need to be away from their bed and breakfast.
- You would have
someone who can step in when you have an
emergency situation and must leave or if you are sick and can not run your operation. The professional interim innkeeper already knows the basics of how to run a bed and breakfast and can continue to do things your way so your guests will continue to get the great service you provide.
- You would have someone present to answer the phone in a professional manner so as not to lose future reservations as well as be there to take care of your guests who already have reservations.
- You would have someone who knows how to listen to what the guest wants and sell them the rooms and special packages that fit their needs.
- You would have a real vacation where the you don't have to carry the
book, check emails and phone messages or worry about an unplanned
emergency situation that arises at the bed and breakfast when no one is
there to handle the problem.
- You would keep occupancy and revenue up, especially when the bed and breakfast is for sale and every guest counts.
- You would be able to maintain the security of the property as well as feed the inn's animals so that they don't have to be put in a kennel.
Upcoming Bed and Breakfast conferences - are
a great way for those who are interested in the B&B industry to
meet and network with large groups of experienced innkeepers and
vendors. Below are some conferences which are coming up in the next
few months. They would be of interest to either aspiring innkeepers or
inn sitters. However, attending a conference will not be enough if you
truly are interested in entering this field of work. You should still
take a hands on class to see what the lifestyle is really like.
Jan. 13 - 16, 2014 - PAII Innkeeping Conference and Trade Show Charleston, So. Carolina http://www.innkeepingshow.com/
Feb. 23 - 25, 2014 California InnSpire Conference and Trade Show Seaside, CA www.innspireconference.com
March 9 - 11, 2014 MidAtlantic Innkeepers Conference & Trade Show www.midatlanticinnkeepers.com
New updated dates for Aspiring Innkeeper or Inn Sitter hands on classes. Next class starts March 23, 2014 in Murphys, CA. Please check our schedule for additional dates.